Sunday, September 8, 2013

Iago Aspas would recommend Premier League move


Iago Aspas of Liverpool in action during the Barclays Premier League match between Liverpool and Stoke City at Anfield on August 17, 2013Liverpool forward Iago Aspas would be happy to suggest that his compatriots swap Spain for England, but is not yet sure whether the Premier League is better than La Liga.The 26-year-old is adjusting to the alteration in playing styles and a slight change in position since joining the Reds in a £7.2m move from Celta Vigo this summer.
He is yet to score in his three appearances for the Anfield outfit, but Aspas has revealed that he is settling in well on Merseyside, and is enjoying Liverpool's unbeaten start to the season.
"I would tell any player to go to the Premier League," he told reporters. "You get a different feeling, especially compared to Spain. It's the first time I've left home so that's been hard, but things are going well. I'm very happy, especially because we are leading the league.
"I'm playing a bit further back than I did at Celta, but over there you need to run a bit more because it's a bit more physically. That's the biggest difference from the Spanish league, which is more based on technique.
"So far, I've only played three games there and I haven't visited all the stadiums, so it'd be difficult for me to say which of the two is the better league. At the end of the season, I can answer that question."
Aspas scored 46 times in 136 appearances for boyhood club Celta, and has started all of Liverpool's three 1-0 victories in the Premier League so far this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment