Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Most Rumours are Nonsense – Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool Target Christian Eriksen Still Pondering Future Club Issue

Christian Eriksen believes himself to be an instrument of precision, not just in the way he plays but also when it comes to choosing future destinations. 

With 10 goals and 17 assists from last season's Eredivisie, it was little surprise that clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur came sniffing.
His agent has made clear only a title-challenger or an automatic entrant to the Champions League group stage will do for his client, something Liverpool might feel reduces their chances.

Spurs may feel more positive given their summer recruitments, but Eriksen is not beyond signing a new contract if he feels even the tiniest amount of trepidation about a potential suitor.The reason was spelled out in clear terms with the midfielder telling Voetbal International"I'm a picky person, I always have been.

"I've always thought about what step I had to take and at what time. There's not much difference in that even now.

"As a young boy, I trained at Barcelona, Chelsea and AC Milan, but I knew the Netherlands would be best for my development, and preferably Ajax."


His attention to detail was reflected in the decision to reject a big-money move to either of three Russian clubs, even as his team-mate Toby Alderweireld partially succumbed and considered.

"Every day there is a new rumour and usually it's nonsense", Eriksen added. "It does not bother me. I've been associated for so long with various clubs that I'm used to it."

Eriksen has already been proving himself in the new season, with a goal and an assist in the first three league games.

No comments:

Post a Comment