Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tottenham and Liverpool target open to move

The Brazilian striker is a long-term target forTottenham, and has also been linked withLiverpool in recent weeks.
Spurs were thought to close to securing his signature in January, but saw a late bid for knocked back by the Brazilian giants.
Southampton also made an £18m move for the 24-year-old earlier this summer, but, again, a deal failed to materialise.
However, Damiao has now spoken out, and although he maintains that he is fully committed to Internacional, he says he’s open to a move.
“The first time I was sounded out, I was happy, but I have to overcome that now, I am focused on Internacional, it has to be a good offer for me and the club,” he is quoted by the Daily Star.
“A lot was said. I am calm, nothing has come and I am still focused on Internacional and in the Brazilian Cup.
“If a very good offer comes, then maybe it could happen.”
Spurs seem unlikely to pursue a move in the coming weeks as they step up their pursuit of Willian and Erik Lamela, but Liverpool could make a move.
The Reds have missed out on a number of big name players this summer, and Brendan Rodgers is believed to be an admirer of Damiao.
Is Leandro Damiao worth the fuss? And would he be better off at Liverpool or Tottenham?
Comment below to have your say!

No comments:

Post a Comment